unitytheatre is Liverpool's small-scale theatre with big ambitions. Our work is challenging, innovative, risky and unusual. Our mission is to increase the quality and quantity of the performing arts available on Merseyside by encouraging creativity, participation, innovation and diversity. One of the best loved theatres in Liverpool we won the Best Performing Venue award at the Mersey Partnership Tourism Awards. unitytheatre is proud to be core funded by Arts Council England and Liverpool City Council. We work extensively throughout our local community, offering bespoke workshops, access to the arts and are the open and embracing arms for those who are interested in pursuing, developing or establishing themselves creatively.
1 Hope Place
Visit the Organisation's website
Family friendlyunitytheatre provide families with accurate and up to date information about suitable productions.
Our staff welcome families and are happy to sign post to quiet areas and suitable facilities - baby changing etc. Our venue provides areas for families to eat their own food and we provide free drinking water and a range of snacks and refreshments to purchase at the bar.
Ticket offers are available for family shows, with concessionary prices also.
AccessibilityUnity is wheelchair accessible with key features including:
· A wide, graded slip-resistant ramp.
· The corridors are wide and obstruction free.
· There is a lift to all levels.
· Evacu-chairs are available emergency evaucations.
· There are alarmed accessible toilets on each level.
· Spaces for wheelchair users are on the front row.
To book a wheelchair space please call Box Office before you arrive so we can best accommodate your needs.
· We have a loop system at our box office.
· We have recently installed a new radio hearing system in both theatre spaces.
· We occasionally offer signed and captioned performances - contact box office for more.
· Scripts may be available for some productions in advance for those with hearing impairments.
· We welcome guide and hearing dogs, water bowls are available.
- we programme relaxed performance where possible, specifically designed for those who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including those with an Autism Spectrum Condition, learning disability or sensory and communication disorders.
Please inform Box Office when booking to ensure suitable seating is available.
This organisation has
signed up to theFamily Arts Standards